Saturday, October 8, 2011

I do not believe there are any fish in Buckeye Lake.

But, although I didn't catch any fish...I did catch some beautiful things with my camera.


This is Cranberry Bog (http://www.ohiodnr.com/tabid/932/Default.aspx) It's a no wake zone because it's the only bog island in Ohio and the alkilinity of the water in Buckeye Lake combined with all the boaters is disolving it slowly. This causes some difficulties for boaters and residents of the lake because on occasion big chunks will break off and float across the lake. Imagine waking up with a tree in your 'front yard' that wasn't there the day before?
I just enjoy being able to put my feet up and relax while fishing. I am not too upset by the lack of actual catches...I got to spend time outside in the sun on a gorgeous day. I'm a happy girl.
The husband and his dad... This is posed. I have given up trying to catch both of them looking at me and smiling at the same time.
Peaceful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That last picture is awesome!!!! I have to agree that is a great way to spend the day! Glad you had a relaxing weekend.

Megan (Best of Fates) said...

I have never woken up to a surprise tree in my front yard.

My life is so sadly boring.

Donn24g said...

Welcome BACK! I am so happy to be seeing your updates again, i have missed you. I love the new blog layout too, and the blog itself:)

Also, great pictures, loved this post:)