Monday, September 26, 2011

Salt and Vinegar

My last blog was started for a specific purpose. I wanted to have a place to write down my thoughts and really focus on counting my blessings while I was going through a patch of anxiety and what I would call depression for me but probably not REALLY depression.  Just a time of not being 'right' and not being 'thankful.'  I used it as a place to try to make myself remember just how lucky I am.  And it worked! I got to a point where I didn't need a reminder. Where the thoughts came naturally again and life became great.  And then...I just didn't really blog.  I didn't write much at all. This is normal for me, I go through phases and spurts and pauses. 

Recently, I've kind of been wishing that I had kept it up...not as a place to count my blessings but just as a little bit of the universe that I can use to share information and ideas and pictures of things that I think are cool.  So-- this brings you Salt and Vinegar. 

Why Salt and Vinegar? Well... not going to lie, I love it. I looooooooooooove Salt and Vinegar anything and I was feeling pressured by blogger to come up with a catchy name. But, also, I think that it's an accquired taste much like myself. It's not for everyone and never will be. Sometimes it's a little too tart or bitey for everyone and that's fine, so am I.   Also, it speaks to my heritage. I'm half Kentucky and half British.  It's a great combo for enjoying the finer things in life like fried chicken one night for dinner followed up with an amazing dark ale and a tasty steamed pudding while watching a soccer game. 

I don't know if this blog will be any more entertaining than my last. I know it wont be any more grammatically correct as I do write these things like a stream of concious and not professional journalism. I didn't want to continue with the last one because I kind of felt like I sounded really depressing in some of the posts.  Who wants to read that? So, I made a new one!  I'm hoping to share some recipes, photographs, observations on life and just general thoughts with this one.  Follow if you want :-) ~Mus

No comments: